This page describes the copyright information for contributors and those who wish to reuse content from the GIST Support wiki found on Medshelf.org. It also describes the copyright licence that is used to cover the content.
Contributors' Rights and Obligations
The content on this wiki is not owned by the individual contributors. It is covered under the Creative Commons license described (see below). This means that by contributing, members implicitly agree that the content they provide can be used as the license dictates.
Contributors to this wiki should comply with copyright laws. All works are copyrighted unless they either fall into the public domain or their copyright is explicitly disclaimed. Never use materials that infringe the copyrights of others. This could create legal liabilities and seriously hurt the project. If in doubt, write it yourself or link to the original source.
Note that copyright law governs the creative expression of ideas, not the ideas or information themselves. Therefore, it is legal to read an article or other work, reformulate the concepts in your own words, and submit it to the wiki. However, it would still be unethical (but not illegal) to do so without citing the original as a reference. See Wikipedia's articles on plagiarism and fair use for discussions of how much reformulation is necessary in a general context. Also note that the copyright policy of this wiki is different than Wikipedia's copyrights policy which is covered under a difference license, although content from their policy was used to inform this policy.
Reusers' Rights and Obligations
You are free to use all content from Medshelf.org in your own books, articles, web sites, or other publications, as long as you comply with copyright license. Please note that there are many specific community wikis on MedShelf.org, each of which may use a different version of the Creative Common's license (see here for details). Make sure you look at the specific community's copyright policy. Currently, you are viewing the copyright policy for the GIST Support wiki. The Creative Commons License for this community is shown below. See the medshelf.org homepage for a list of all communities.
Creative Commons License
Under this license you are free:
- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- to make derivative works
- to make commercial use of the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor. At MedShelf.org you must attribute the work to the specific community wiki project that it is taken from. The easiest way to do this is to link to the specific community's wiki Main Page (e.g., http://communityname.medshelf.org), where communityname is replaced by the actual community name. You are currently viewing the policy for the GIST Support wiki.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license).