Sutent (sunitinib malate, previously known as SU-11248) is a drug used to treat adults with GIST when Gleevec does not stop the cancer from growing or when Gleevec cannot be taken. Sutent was approved in January 2006 by the FDA for use against gastrointestinal stromal tumor resistant to Gleevec (imatinib) or patients who are intolerant of Gleevec.
General Sutent Resources
- http://www.sutent.com - Pfizer's official sutent page
- FDA Sutent page - brief summary of risks, side effects, and drug interactions
- gistsupport.org Sutent write-up - summarizes prior research on Sutent and describes how it works.
- Help with Sutent in India
- 2014 Pfizer Patient Assistance
Coping with Sutent side effects